Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cordon Bleu

Maggi takes a lot longer than 2 minutes to make. In fact it takes a whole 8 minutes to become comestible. My cooking skills (generally thought to be exceptional, just by me!) are such that I managed to burn maggi. Yes impossible as though this feat sounds, I, my friends have managed successfully to burn instant noodles and render them quite inedible. A brainwave hit me only recently and that’s when I discovered the joys of microwaving maggi. Submerge in a pot of water. Shove it in for 6 minutes. Take it out, add tastemaker, 2 more minutes. Generously lather with ketchup, and voila..Dinner’s ready. Its’ ok to thank me for another recipe..all in a day’s work for me. Similar experiments have led me to find the perfect coffee too. American coffee is a bland thin affair, lacking sorely in the strength, flavor and richness of Indian coffee, especially south Indian decoction, straight out of amma’s kitchen. Nevertheless, being a roman in rome, I have adapted myself to the rubbish Americans drink as coffee. The weird decoction, with 4-5 servings of cream, and 2 sugars with skimmed milk somewhat make it human. Still, the punch is missing. Indian coffee hits you with a rich aroma, and a bitter-sweet taste and manages to leave an aftertaste too. Drunk hot, with foam on top..aah the small joys of life.

7 comments:

Bharatwrites.com said...

Dude u spoke my mind...I miss the filter coffee...never knew I was such a tamilian!

Sneha P said...

i feel like having a breakfast of coffee and maggi after this....
yummm...

buddy said...

coffee and maggi?
i must try that...

Solitaire said...

You should not have...I am addicted to Maggi...and you just made my life a bit simpler, and my addiction a bit worse.

BTW, I love the taste of burnt maggi.

And I cannot try coffee and maggi because I do not drink coffee!

buddy said...

#solitaire
wait till i come out with my own cookbook!

Unknown said...

u r absolutely 100% Right..
Even then I like American coffee with french vanilla flavour, cream and sugar,, I like this too..

Unknown said...

Moreovr guys from this u shd understand he doen't know how to cook even maggi..
I am his roomate..plz think of my situation when I eat the food that he cooked
god s saving me for past 6 months..